We love visiting Savers Thrift Store during their annual 50% off sales. We also like to prep for these sales by going through our closets and getting a bag or two of clothing and taking them with us to donate before shopping.
Here’s a tip: Many times, Super Savers Club Card members will have the chance to shop the sales a day early. Membership is free and you’ll get emails sent to your inbox as friendly reminders.
Savers Thrift Store’s annual 50% off sales
This is a running list of sales that they host throughout the year. Dates will fluctuate. Please call ahead a Savers near you to confirm.
- January: Martin Luther’s King Jr. Sale
- February: President’s Day Sale
- April 6, 2019: Spring Break Sale
- May: Memorial Day Sale
- October 25 : 50% off New and pre-loved Halloween décor
- November: Veteran’s Day Sale
Other promotions in 2019:
- January 31st – February 14th: Get a $5 coupon with each gift card purchase of $30 or more. Promotion valid in stores only. Gift card selection may vary by store. Coupon valid February 15 – 28, 2019 on a purchase of $15 or more. Not valid on new merchandise (red tags) or gift card purchases. May not be combined with any other discounts or offers.
- February 23-25: 50% Off Winter Sale
- March 13: 40% off dresses. Includes summer dresses, formal wear, girls dresses, and infant dresses. US stores only. Club membership required to receive discount. Excludes new merchandise (red tags).
- March 27: 40% off new shoes and boots. Includes all shoes and boots. US stores only. Club membership required to receive discount. Excludes new merchandise (red tags).
- April 24: 50% off short sleeve shirts. Includes short sleeve shirts, knits, blouses, T-shirts, tanks and sleeveless items. US stores only. Club membership required to receive discount. Excludes new merchandise (red tags).
- April 27: 50% off jeans. Includes any color jean pants and jean overalls. US stores only. Club membership required to receive discount.
- May 8: 30% off clothing, shoes, accessories + bed & bath. Excludes new merchandise (red tags), and items tagged jewelry, books, media, housewares, and furniture. US stores only. Club membership required to receive discount. Not valid with any other coupon or discount.
50% off sale days discount usually applies to clothing, shoes, accessories and bed and bath. It typically does not include jewelry, books, new items, or items tagged housewares or furniture, and no other coupons or discounts apply.
I love shopping at Savers because the way their clothes are organized makes it super easy to shop.
Each aisle is organized by type, size, and color. Household goods are carefully displayed on the shelves, and smaller items are bagged together in small bags and priced as a lot.
Shoes are organized in racks against the wall, and handbags are hung by the accessories. On the occasion that they have a designer bag, you’ll find those locked to the rails near the other handbags and on the end caps.
Each Savers also has a fitting room if you want to try something on before purchasing. Though during 50% off sales you’ll find the lines to the dressing rooms really long.
It’s also not unusual to find quality clothing pieces new, with the tags still on! This is also a great reselling opportunity if you’re looking to make a few extra dollars by selling on Poshmark.
Also – don’t forget to bring your reusable bags because Savers does charge $.10 per paper bag. I like to use the huge IKEA bags (which you can also get on Amazon) because shopping carts aren’t allowed to leave the store and the huge bags will let you take more with you at one time.
Super Savers Club card
Don’t forget to sign up for the Super Savers Club Card to get email updates and special offers. You can also sign up in-store when you head down there for a sale. And don’t forget to bring any donations you might have! You’ll be helping out a good cause by bringing in gently used items you no longer need.
Shopping at Savers is a great way to save. Click here to find your local store.