It’s been a heck of a ride and I’ve learned so much along the way as I navigated the waters of my new breast implants. I feel like I learned so much that I just HAVE to share all my tips for faster recovery from breast implants with you! So that if you too decide to get it done, you’ll have a few tricks under your sleeve to make your recovery even faster.
Tips for faster recovery from breast implants
Before your breast augmentation surgery
- Lose about five pounds before your surgery because you won’t be able to do much after the surgery.
- Set money aside for scar removal products. I used Scar Recovery Gel by Skin Medica and silicon gel sheets.
- I recommend getting the Posture Corrector Wireless Back Support Bra by Leonisa before your surgery. Go up a size because they run small. This will be the bra you’ll use before you can start using underwire bras again.
Before you get home
- Make sure to have water and bendy straws. It’s frustrating to go for a drink of water and see that the cup is just an inch too far from you. Also – it’ll hurt to reach for it and tip the glass.
- Create a nest of pillows for comfort and support. I recommend a bed rest pillow because it holds you in one place like a cocoon.
- Set up an appointment at a hair salon so you can get your hair washed the week after your surgery.
- Have button shirts available, or if you’re running low, then grab men’s shirts.
- Buy a puzzle or create a list of ways to keep busy
- Switch to Dove Dry Spray in place of your regular deodorant because this aerosol deodorant will help you apply deodorant quickly and painlessly.
- Get your underarms waxed because you won’t really be able to do that the weeks following the surgery, and even shaving will hurt.
At home breast implant recovery
- Sleep well elevated to avoid swelling.
- Place your pills in pill planner box because opening the pill containers will make your chest hurt.
- Use a safety pin to keep the breast wrap in place (if you’re asked to use one).
- Your breast will hurt when you get too cold. Keep them warm by crossing your arms as you go through the grocery store or wear breast pads in your bra.
- Keep your breasts clean with Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water, especially because you cannot use the shower head to do so. Wipe off with a cotton ball.
- Use bar soap to wash your hands and body because the soap pump will strain your chest muscles.
- Use the cool setting on your blow dryer to dry off the bandages. this way they won’t fall off before they’re supposed to.
Get a visual on some of the tips mentioned above in my week 4 video update below!
Watch: Breast augmentation Week 4 update
Read the series
- My small breasts are getting an upgrade
- Trying on my new breasts with New Look Now
- What happens in a breast augmentation pre-op appointment
- What happened on the day of my breast augmentation surgery
- What I asked at my breast augmentation post op
- Tips for faster breast augmentation recovery
- Breast surgery before and after pictures
- My breast augmentation experience at CosmetiCare
1101 Bayside Drive, Suite 100
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625
Visit cosmeticare.com for a FREE virtual consultation.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with CosmetiCare. All thoughts and ideas remain my own.
Originally published on December 29, 2016. Last Updated on April 2, 2019 by Pattie Cordova