I had the best potato skins at Lamplight Lounge at Pixar Pier yesterday!!! They were unlike any other I’ve had before, and resembled more potato pancakes and skins… but nevertheless – SO yummy!!!
Lamplight Lounge Potato Skins Recipe
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
8 cups cold water
9 cloves garlic, peeled
2 shallots, peeled
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 pound small gold potatoes (12 small potatoes)
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 (5.5 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
2 teaspoons chopped chives
1 clove garlic, minced
Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
1. Combine water, garlic, shallot, thyme, lemon, salt, and potatoes in stock pot. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain potatoes and cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Smash potatoes gently between two baking sheets until they are in slightly flattened circles.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll smashed potatoes in cornstarch mix and coat on all sides. Place on parchment lined baking pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
FOR CAPER YOGURT:
1. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat until melted. Add drained capers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove capers from butter and cool for 15 minutes.
2. Combine Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small bowl. Add reserved capers. Season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI:
1. Combine mayonnaise, smoked paprika, lemon juice and zest, chives, and garlic in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR POTATO SKINS:
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
2. Drain capers and fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
3. Remove potatoes from freezer and fry for 3 minutes, until crispy.
4. Top potatoes with Manchego cheese, fried capers, and micro cilantro.
5. Serve with caper yogurt and paprika aïoli.