I had the best potato skins at Lamplight Lounge at Pixar Pier yesterday!!! They were unlike any other I’ve had before, and resembled more potato pancakes and skins… but nevertheless – SO yummy!!!
Lamplight Lounge Potato Skins Recipe
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
8 cups cold water
9 cloves garlic, peeled
2 shallots, peeled
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 pound small gold potatoes (12 small potatoes)
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 (5.5 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
2 teaspoons chopped chives
1 clove garlic, minced
Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
1. Combine water, garlic, shallot, thyme, lemon, salt, and potatoes in stock pot. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. Drain potatoes and cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Smash potatoes gently between two baking sheets until they are in slightly flattened circles.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll smashed potatoes in cornstarch mix and coat on all sides. Place on parchment lined baking pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
FOR CAPER YOGURT:
1. Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat until melted. Add drained capers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove capers from butter and cool for 15 minutes.
2. Combine Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small bowl. Add reserved capers. Season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI:
1. Combine mayonnaise, smoked paprika, lemon juice and zest, chives, and garlic in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR POTATO SKINS:
1. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
2. Drain capers and fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
3. Remove potatoes from freezer and fry for 3 minutes, until crispy.
4. Top potatoes with Manchego cheese, fried capers, and micro cilantro.
5. Serve with caper yogurt and paprika aïoli.
Originally published on June 22, 2018. Last Updated on July 25, 2018 by Pattie Cordova