The Bubblefest is back at Discovery Cube OC during their annual spring break bubble extravaganza featuring the science of bubbles! This year was the first show to be held at the new 10,000 square foot Showcase Theatre. This theatre has been in the making for a few years now and it is wonderful for the exhibits held year round. It’s first show, Deni Yang’s Bubble Show, will be on stage exclusively through April 12th. After that, it will be closed and will re-open this summer with the Sherlock Holmes exhibit.
This was my first time attending Bubblefest with my three children who’ve been dying to go. Every year we see it come and go and we do not have time to catch it. This year, we were lucky enough to go and let me tell you, it was amazing. I was left in awe of how beautiful bubbles can actually be.
The Bubble Show is performed by the fabulous Deni Yang, who performed his first bubble show at the age of 4! That was enough to catch my attention. The show starts with some basic bubbles and ends with a bang.
Deni Yang is an amazing performer and a Master of Bubbles. His 45 minute performance doesn’t have a second of dullness. It fills your senses with bubble fun! During the show, I felt like a kid again being surrounded with thousands of bubbles in the air. Each of my kids had their favorite part of the show – everything from the laser show to the snow to the ocean waves. It’s a phenomenon you cannot miss this Spring Break.
Once the amazing show was over, we headed downstairs to the bubble activities where the kids hung out in giant bubble spheres, created a bubble wall and even learned about flow patterns. We left home and the kids wanted to continue making “beautiful bubble art.”
Aside from the wonders of Deni Yany and his Mega Bubblefest Laser Show, there are so many other bubble activities that the kids can enjoy, and even some yummy food too. Activities are included in each Bubblefest admission ticket:
- Bubble Spheres: Your child can climb into giant bubble sphere and see what happens when you try to walk, crawl, sit, or lay down! Learn about buoyancy and Archimedes’ Principle with this thrilling activity;
- Me in a Bubble: ‘POP’ a pose inside a giant bubble and have your photo taken!;
- Hexagon Bubbles: Practice making different shaped bubbles with this interactive exhibit;
- Bubble Wall: Learn how heat and dryness affect bubbles and try to put your hand through a bubble wall without it popping;
- CO2 Chamber: Blow bubbles through a chamber of carbon dioxide and see if your bubble floats or sinks through the CO2. Keep an eye on the bubble to see if any changes occur;
- Flow Patterns: Learn about fluid dynamics and flow patterns by placing different types of objects flowing in water. Try turning the objects and using different angles to see how the flow patterns change;
- Cube Jr. 5 & under Bubble Zone: Bubble enthusiasts can create giant bubbles and learn colors and shapes in this 5 & under Bubble Zone.
Discovery Cube OC Bubblefest Pricing
Bubblefest, which includes the Mega Bubblefest Laser Show, Water Spheres, and all outdoor activities are an additional charge of $5 for members and $7 for non-members on top of general admission to Discovery Cube OC. General admission prices are as follows: adult ($16.95), senior ($12.95), and children 3-14 ($12.95).
Visit Discovery Cube at 2500 N. Main St., Santa Ana, California and pop some bubbles at Bubblefest from now until April 12, 2015. For more information, visit http://www.discoverycube.org/oc/exhibits/bubblefest/.