The holiday season is apparent everywhere you go, including the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, CA. You can expect their permanent exhibits to be there year round, but the month of December asks for a special visit to the “Cube”.
In it’s 7th year, the Science of Gingerbread exhibition and competition will intrigue you as you walk around the tables and “ooh” and “ahh” at all the wonderful creations. The gingerbread competition is by far my favorite part of all the holiday celebrations at DSC. I am AMAZED at the creativity that people (and groups) possess.
Alongside the Science of Gingerbread exhibit, you’ll also engage in hands-on activities including recipe science, learning about kitchen tools, and more.
Special Programming Includes: (Every weekend and daily December 16 – January 6)
- Visit with Santa and take a photo with him. (weekends only)
- See our “Matter of Taste” Stage Show featuring kitchen science.
- Build and race a candy car in DSC’s Gingerbread Derby.
- Make your own gingerbread mix to take home.
- Decorate holiday cookies and eat them too!
This is not a sponsored post. We were invited to the event as a member of the press. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.