I am so ridiculously in love with my Keurig that I cannot imagine my life without it. Hubster bought it for me last year and it is used daily. My kids use it to brew apple cider and hot chocolate. I use it for coffee and tea, and hubster likes the ice drinks (and my new fave, Mexican mocha coffee). Thanks to the reusable filter, we enjoy the same coffee we used on our old coffee maker!
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with making Mexican mocha coffee. Inspired by a drink I had at Nordstrom Cafe, this Mexican mocha drink features Nestle Abuelita Granulated Chocolate Mix and my current favorite coffee pod – Van Houtte Mexico Fair Trade Organic – Dark Roast. The creamer you can switch up as you see fit. This week, we’re using International Delight Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream.
Mexican Mocha Coffee Recipe
- 1 tbsp. Nestle Abuelita Granulated Chocolate Mix
- 1 Van Houtte Mexico Fair Trade Organic – Dark Roast coffee pod
- 3 tbsp. International Delight Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream
- Pour 1 tbsp. Nestle Abuelita Granulated Chocolate Mix into bottom of coffee mug.
- Brew Van Houtte Mexico Fair Trade Organic – Dark Roast coffee pod using the 8 oz. setting.
- Mix in 3 tbsp. International Delight Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream and stir well.
Calories: 153 | Fat: 5.5 grams
Note: I used my Keurig Platinum Plus Brewing System for this recipe. You can substitute any dark roast coffee pod and get a similar result.
Originally published on October 5, 2013. Last Updated on January 13, 2019 by Pattie Cordova