My mom used to make a delicious chicken salad when I was growing up (pre-vegetarianism). I’m not one to spend too much time making meals, so I whipped up my own in less than five minutes. This time, however, it’s a chickenless chicken salad.
- Chickenless Strips (I used the ones from Trader Joe’s
- 1 can Veg-All
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Warm up the chicken-less strips in the microwave or skillet until they’re just the tiniest bit warm.
- Add the can of veg-all and half a cup of mayonnaise (more if you like it creamier).
- A dash of salt for a bit of flavor and mix everything together.
- Serve with chopped lettuce on tostadas. I also add tapatio sauce to mine to make it a little bit spicier.
Originally published on July 29, 2013. Last Updated on January 2, 2019 by Pattie Cordova