There’s nothing like a refreshing salad to really finish off a summer day. I mean, the only thing worse that enduring a hot day, is having to cook over a hot stove! Right? And that’s why this gorgeous elote (corn) salad with Wonderful pistachios makes a delicious lunch or dinner meal.
The awesome folks over at Wonderful Pistachios sent over the recipe so that I could share with you. I can’t wait to go shopping for the ingredients because I know that the familia will devour it. Plus, it’s so low cal that I can totally have seconds (maybe thirds?)!
If you make the salad, I would love to take a look! Upload a picture to our Facebook page so we can check it out.
Elote (Corn) Salad with Wonderful Pistachios Recipe
Prep: 15 minutes / Time to Table: 25 minutes
- 6 ears of corn
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions
- ½ cup finely crumbled cotija
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, chopped
- Cut corn kernels from cobs and place in a frying pan. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until just starting to char. Remove to large bowl. When corn has cooled, cut corn kernels from cobs into a large bowl.
- Mix in green onions, cilantro, Wonderful Pistachios and cotija cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chili powder, paprika and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Pour sauce over corn and stir well to combine. Top salad with additional cheese, cilantro and Wonderful Pistachios.