It’s important for me to have my kids grow up bilingual. This year, my friend Jill created an easy DIY Valentine Banner using conversation hearts as her inspiration, then turned around and created one for me to share with you – but in Spanish! Thanks to her, I have my bilingual Diá de San Valentín off to a great start.
This easy DIY Spanish Valentine Banner is a great way to decorate for the upcoming holiday: el Diá de San Valentín, or El Diá del Amor y la Amistad as it is also commonly known. With common sayings like, “Hola,” “Abrazos,” and “Un Beso,” the Valentine Banner easily fits into your current Valentine’s Day decor.
To achieve the look, simply print out your free Valentine’s Day printable banner onto pastel colored cardstock, similar to the colors in conversation hearts. Feel free to play with the colors too – maybe neon? This printable is very frugal because it doesn’t waste a lot of ink. Only the words in red print out, as well as a black outline to help you cut in the shape of a conversation heart. So really, you could make more than just one.
How to make a DIY Spanish Valentine Banner
• Print out conversation heart messages onto colored card stock.
• Cut out the hearts
• Punch a hole on each side of the heart where you will run your string through. if you wish to hang them differently, punch your holes accordingly.
• Use ribbon to tie the hearts together. Tie a piece of longer ribbon to each side of the banner so that you can hang it up.
- Use it year after year, and laminate to make it last even longer!
- Adding a simple touch like the bows really brings the look to its full “Valentine’s Day” potential. Can’t wait to see yours!