This year, the holidays begin at the Disneyland Resort! I got the opportunity to visit the park and chat with Nubia, dessert chef at the Disneyland Resort, where she also showed me how to make a Chocolate and Coffee Yule Log that is offered during the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure.
The popular Festival of Holidays is back with the sights, sounds and tastes of diverse cultural festivities and plenty of Disney magic! This heartwarming holiday celebration is inspired by Christmas/Navidad, Hannukah, Diwali, Kwanza and Three Kings Day.
Guests will experience:
- The new Holiday Sunset Concerts: Fun dance parties featuring performing groups Phat Cat Swinger (Friday-Monday) and Mariachi Divas (Tuesday-Thursday) at Paradise Park
- The soulful a capella group The Sound, which joins returning holiday performances by Mostly Kosher, Blue 13 Dance Company and the Holiday Toy Drummers
- The lively “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!,”with authentic music, dance, décor, crafts and special greetings by Disney characters, including Princess Elena of Avalor
- TheFestive Foods Marketplace, serving multicultural holiday fare at marketplace kiosks, including a range of flavors: beef corn tamale a la plancha with spicy rojo sauce, braised lamb cheeks with Mediterranean cauliflower, sweet potato pie and fruit and nut rugelach
- Fun family activities, with holiday arts and crafts, face painting and cookie decorating
- A festive celebration of Three Kings Day in the final days of Festival of Holidays, Jan. 4-7
There really is a lot to celebrate at the Disneyland Resort, and with this Chocolate and Coffee Yule Log recipe, you can make a little of the magic at home too!!!
Disneyland Yule Log recipe
Check out my full interview and bake-along with Nubia Renteria, pastry chef at Disneyland. She also tells us a few shortcuts and tool tricks that we can use to make the dessert!
Originally published on November 22, 2017. Last Updated on November 5, 2019 by Pattie Cordova