Making fresh salsa is a weekly occurrence at our home. We make a batch and use it throughout the week. Lately we’ve been making our roasted tomato serrano salsa recipe, but we may also make a chile de arbol salsa and avocado salsa to have an assortment in the fridge.
Roasted Tomato Serrano Salsa Recipe
- 10 serrano chiles
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt to taste
- Roast chiles and tomatoes until blackened.
- Add garlic clove, chiles and water to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes and pulse until tomatoes are chunky.
- Transfer to bowl. Add salt to taste.
- If the salsa is too thick, you can add a bit of water to make it more saucy.
This salsa goes great with any mexican dish, or just eat it along with a bowl of chips. If it’s too spicy, you can always reduce the amount of chiles, or add more tomatoes. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!