We drink our fair share of Juicy Juice Splashers around here, especially since the kids started school. Whether they buy lunch at school, or bring lunch from home, a Juicy Juice drink is never too far behind. So recently, I started asking them to bring home their juice pouches once they were done to tackle another problem that I have… getting them to not lose their lunch money.
My kids get a mix of school lunches and home-packed lunches because of their vegetarian diets. Sometimes they want to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup at school, and other times they’re happy with a Tofurky sandwich from home. On those days when they need to buy lunch from school, it’s always a nerve-wracking few hours before lunch as I sit at home wondering if they lost their lunch money. So I decided to tackle this on by making these easy juicy pouch duct tape wallets.
This juice pouch duct tape wallet is kind of like this other duct tape wallet that I made the kids, but much simpler, cuter and holds just the right amount of lunch money.
I made this wallet in just a few minutes, and all it took was a few materials that I already had at home. Want to make your own? See how below:
Juice Pouch Duct Tape Wallet
- Box cutter
- 3 Juicy Juice Splashers pouches, washed and cut in half (only keeping the front part)
- duct tape cut into:
- Three (3) 1″ x 4″ strips
- Two (2) 1″ x 8.5″ strips
- 1 piece of self-adhesive VELCRO strip (cut two inches long)
- Connect all three juice pouches using the three 1″ x 4″ strips
- Flatten, taking care that a full Juicy Juice pouch is showing at the top
- Add the 1″ x 8.5″ strips of duct tape to either side of the flattened juice pouches
- Flip over and cut a slit where the wallet will fold
- Seal the sides of the top of the wallet
- Fold the bottom part of the wallet and seal with duct tape creating a little pouch
- Fold over the top part of the wallet
- Add the VELCRO strip to the wallet
This juice pouch duct tape wallet is a kid-favorite. Best of all, if the kids lose one it’s okay because you can whip up another one before the next school day.
I hope you get a chance to make a few of these with your next batch of Juice Juice Splashers. By the way, did you know that Juice Juice Splashers have 50% less sugar than the leading juice? They’re a super delicious blend of fruit juice and filtered water, and contain no artificial colors. Plus, they also have 100% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C. Can’t decide on a flavor to try? You can’t go wrong with Berry Lemonade – it’s my favorite!