Looking for a new show to watch after the chiclets go to bed? Well FX has a new show debuting on July 5th, SNOWFALL. It’s super not kid-friendly, so great for after-bed time and when they’re out of the house. The Hubster and I always have a show that we watch together, and this one looks like it’ll be our next series.
Los Angeles. 1983. A storm is coming and its name is crack. Snowfall is a one-hour drama set against the infancy of the crack cocaine epidemic and its ultimate radical impact on the culture as we know it.
The story follows numerous characters on a violent collision course, including: Franklin Saint (Damson Idris), young street entrepreneur on a quest for power; Gustavo “El Oso” Zapata (Sergio Peris-Mencheta), a Mexican wrestler caught up in a power struggle within a crime family; Teddy McDonald (Carter Hudson), a CIA operative running from a dark past who begins an off-book operation to fund the Nicaraguan Contras; and Lucia Villanueva (Emily Rios), the self-possessed daughter of a Mexican crime lord.
SNOWFALL, FX’s new original series from Executive Producer John Singleton, is premiering July 5th at 10pm.
Find out more, here –> http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/snowfall
and follow them on Facebook, here –> http://www.facebook.com/FxNetworks
FX’s Snowball Event in Los Angeles
To celebrate the launch of Snowfall, FX is hosting a FREE 80’s immersive throwback experience in Downtown Los Angeles – and you’re invited!
· DJ academy where you can learn to spin old-school vinyl with the pros
· Meet and greet with Lonzo Williams, the godfather of early West Coast hip-hop
· Barber shop featuring John Mosley, aka The Popular Nobody, giving classic 80’s fade-ups
· Free food from world famous Bludso’s BBQ Sliders and Trejo’s Tacos
· Giveaways and more, including a pass to attend the premiere screening of Snowfall on Monday, 6/26 at The Theatre at Ace Hotel*
*Seating not guaranteed and on a first come, first served basis
· Friday, June 23rd from 12pm-8pm
· Saturday and Sunday, June 24th and 25th from 11am-7pm
· Hudson Loft, 1200 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015
RSVP and learn more about the activation: FX’s Snowfall at Hudson Loft Facebook event page