Summer is almost coming to an end, but here in Southern California, the humidity and the heat still has me staying clear of the stove. I can’t deal with having to cook meals over a hot stove, or oven. The whole house feels like it’s a globe of heat! So instead, I’ve decided to get more use out of our Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven. I’ve been using it to make everything from morning toast to artichoke dip.
The Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven has some great features, including:
- Double Infrared Heating (Quartz & Ceramic)
- 6 Pre-set Cooking Modes
- Digital Timer (Up to 25 min.)
- Temperature Settings (250°F – 500°F)
- Removable Crumb Tray
Best of all – it’s small. It’s about 13 inches wide, 12 inches deep and about 10 inches high. It also weighs less than 8 pounds. Mine fits on the counter right next to the stove (which is hardly ever used now). The auto cook menus on the toaster ovens are my favorite because it takes the guessing game out of cooking. It also comes with an inner tray that holds about four slices of bread.
It’s a cool little toaster oven that I’m happy to have, and have since dumped my old toaster. I mean, this one can do so much more than just toast bread! Like… bake artichoke dip!
This artichoke dip is my absolute favorite easy dip to make at home. It’s just three simple ingredients, and it tastes delicious.
3 Ingredient Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- Open and drain can of artichoke hearts
- Chop artichoke hearts and place inside oven-safe dish
- Add parmesan cheese and mayonnaise to the dish
- Mix thoroughly
- Place inside toaster oven for 10 minutes at 325 degrees
- Remove from toaster oven and stir
- Serve with assorted crackers and toasted bread
The artichoke dip is so easy to make, and just the thing you dish you need when you want something quick, easy and delicious.