Tips for Dads from Mr. Living Mi Vida Loca #HuggiesLatino

Being a mom is tough, and being a dad isn’t much easier. They have their own struggles to get through and many times, moms cannot really comprehend what it’s like to be a dad. For example, I can’t imagine feeling the pressure of being the sole provider like the Hubster is. He goes to work every day knowing that we depend on him fully to meet our financial needs. Aside from his work day, the Hubster is also heavily involved with the kids at home. So while he does get a break from the kids during the day, in the afternoons and evenings, he is right there with me wiping up the baby’s butt and cleaning up after both kids.

To do so, he relies on Huggies wipes just as much as I do, though I’m pretty sure he relies on them more because they are convenient and because he uses about 10 wipes every time he changes the baby’s diaper.

The hubster credits the acceptance of the baby crying and managing his time in handling every day stress. He also suggests that dads take to “dad forums” to join in on conversation with other dads and ask questions as fatherhood issues come up. Listen to what else he had to say:

Live Bilingual Chat with Poncho de Anda

Poncho de Anda will be available for a LIVE bilingual chat via the Huggies Latino Facebook page this week! He will share his thoughts on raising his young children in a bilingual home, maintaining their Latino cultural connections while living in the United States, share fun family stories and of course, how he and his wife cope with diaper changing, everyday messes and more!

When

Thursday Sept 20
12 – 1 PM EST

Where

Huggies Latino Facebook page
The chat is open to anyone on Facebook.  Look for the picture of Poncho on the FB page to participate in the chat.

This post is compensated and in collaboration with Huggies and Latina Bloggers Connect. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.

10 comments on Tips for Dads from Mr. Living Mi Vida Loca #HuggiesLatino

1. Cristina-Colombiana en CA
    September 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm (2 years ago)

I love the video! We are in the same situation and I appreciate my husband for working so hard to support the family (not only financially but emotionally too).<br />I look forward to chat with Poncho De Anda. He is great!

2. De Su Mama
    September 17, 2012 at 7:16 pm (2 years ago)

Your hubby is adorable!! My Hubs takes the role of provider very seriously, too… I think that&#39;s a good thing :)

3. Maura at The Other Side of The Tortilla
    September 18, 2012 at 12:25 am (2 years ago)

I loved hearing your husband&#39;s perspective (and the sound of yelling kids in the background made me giggle too)! Great tips from dad.

4. Ruby
    September 18, 2012 at 2:45 am (2 years ago)

That&#39;s awesome I love hearing what dads have to say. I am fortunate to be married to not only a man who supports our family but one who support his wife. I am very lucky hubs has always been very hands on. Thanks for sharing his insight with us.

5. Comiendo en LA
    September 18, 2012 at 6:40 pm (2 years ago)

Muy cierto! Muchas veces la labor de los padres no se ven tan apreciada, no me imagino la responsabilidad de mantener un hogar!

6. vianney
    September 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm (2 years ago)

great tips and such a cute story!!

7. Peruvian recipes
    September 18, 2012 at 9:38 pm (2 years ago)

It&#39;s so great that your husband helps you out. Que viva la igualdad!

8. Eva Smith
    September 19, 2012 at 12:56 am (2 years ago)

Love the hubsters tips!

9. Presley's Pantry
    September 19, 2012 at 4:33 am (2 years ago)

Cool video… I&#39;m gonna show my fiance the vid… maybe he can pick up some tips.

10. Bren @ Flanboyant Eats™
    October 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm (2 years ago)

awww, too bad I missed the live chat. I sure would have shared it wit some dads and dads to be that I know could benefit from this lesson. do you know if it was recorded anywhere? Or a transcript?